Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools for analyzing data and sharing information. Power BI dashboards provide business users with a global view with their most important metrics in one place, updated in real time and available across their devices.
Power BI provide:
- A data discovery tool– With a few clicks, users can explore the data on which their dashboard is based using intuitive tools that make it easier to find answers.
- Dynamic Dashboards– Facilitates dashboard creation with hundreds of connections to popular business information management applications, complemented by predefined dashboards that allow be quickly operational.
- Mobile Ready– you will be able to access your data and reports from anywhere, using Power BI Mobile applications, which update automatically with any changes to your data.
- A data centralization point – Power BI can unify all the data in your organization, whether it is in the cloud or stored locally.
- Data security– The best-in-class security and governance features built into Microsoft Azure ensure the security of your data.
The different tools are:
- Power BI Desktop: free tool for developing dashboards and reports
- Power BI Mobile: free smartphone / tablet application for viewing dashboards
- Power BI Pro: paid cloud service (paying € 8.40 / users / month) allowing the sharing of dashboards but also collaboration between teams, automatic data refresh, notifications, security and integration with other Microsoft tools like Office 365.
- Power BI Report Server (paid): lighter version of Power BI Pro allowing to host dashboards in your internal company infrastructure.